Friday, January 12, 2024

Today, I had about 3 inches of wet snow to push off the decks, sidewalk and driveway. Plus the huge chunks left by the snow plow. But that is something they can't help. I'll suck it up and get it done.

I could hire someone but the prices are way out there. In a senior community like this, they are way over priced for a small driveway and they don't do the steps or walks. No thank you.

Another job my husband and I did together. It's a lot for me to do alone. But I am stubborn enough to get it done on my own.

I have an electric snow blower but it won't do this heavy snow.

Do one thing every day that makes you happy...is my motto.
So far that didn't happen 😕 🤔
Jan 12, 2024 2:54:10pm

Yesterday was a mental health day. All I did was make a small batch of cookies for myself.

Today, I showered, dressed and sat at my desk to do some pages in my Creative Grieving glue book.

My Bella was being a nosy girl, but, she just wants to be part of my day and that is OK with me. She is my therapist! Perhaps she decided I had done enough and is now taking a nap on the glue book.

I will upload today's video because I see a change in my thought pattern being more positive. Yes, I mentioned things that were hurtful in the past, but I can rise above that now.
Jan 11, 2024 11:04:12am
I have been going through some boxes of my husband's collectibles.  Just a couple pictures to make reading interesting.







I hope they all find new homes. Having doubts at this point. The field of those wanting them is limited.

I also decided to rehome my sister's creations that she made for me over the years. A couple items found new homes, but, it takes a special person to want them.

It's not easy to let these things go. But it is necessary.

One step at a time, I will be free of the things that hold me back.
Jan 09, 2024 4:50:45pm
Creative Grieving shared a link.
This is worrisome.
Updated Jan 06, 2024 6:03:32am
Jan 06, 2024 6:03:32am
Rearranging my craft room again the last couple days. I'm just trying to make it more functional.
I eliminated a corner desk and changed the work desks with recording set up in place of the corner desk. It feels much better in there.
The desk was my husband's. We had matching desks. It felt like a huge weight left the room. I know I need to keep removing these things. It definitely is another step to healing.
Happy New Year

I hope 2024 will be a good year for all.

I have had my share of challenges over the years, but I am still optimistic that change will happen and life will go on in a positive way.

Be true to yourself. At the end of the day, you can look in the mirror with pride because those who tried hard to break you, lost.
Jan 01, 2024 9:48:04am



Memories of our beautiful garden
Dec 28, 2023 12:48:07pm
Yesterday was my birthday. I thought I would be alone again, but my daughter and hubby were feeling better and came for a visit. It made me very happy. The best gift of all is someone's time.








It has been hard work to get my mindset to where it is now. I only need more time to make my life something I can enjoy. I deserve happiness 😊

Beautiful roses, a hand knit scarf and an Autism support vest. Thoughtful gifts that make me feel loved.

A call from my grandson and his girls so I could hear them all say Happy birthday to me.

All I needed is to know was I am loved.
Dec 28, 2023 6:35:29am
Perfectly said.

As the year comes to a close, it is a time for reflection – a time to release old thoughts and beliefs and forgive old hurts.
Whatever has happened in the past year, the New Year brings fresh beginnings. Exciting new experiences and relationships await.
Let us be thankful for the blessings of the past and the promise of the future ..
~ Peggy Toney Horton ~
Dec 28, 2023 6:31:12am
I had a good day today in spite of it being Christmas.

I was determined to keep my thoughts on everyone's posts and the messages and texts I had throughout the day.

The day started with a phone call from my nephew who I love like a brother. He made my day!

After that I had a lot of lovely chats with those who took time out of their day to send special greetings.

I made a pot roast with potatoes, gf gravy and Brussel sprouts for my dinner.

Then made an impromptu dinner invitation to Karen to share the meal. We played a game and had some fun and conversation. It was a very nice afternoon.

I didn't focus on the day, I treated it like just another day. It definitely helped me to get through it.
Dec 25, 2023 8:00:07pm

Having to learn how to fix things when you can't find a company that will do small jobs is part of my frustration.

The past week I had to remove every floor register to see if there was an issue with furnace ducts.
2 rooms were extremely cold.

Every room was a different temperature which made me wonder if the ducts were disconnected.

Yep, I had no choice but to fix them. I had to caulk and screw the ducts to the opening. They were poorly done.

Then discovered that the vinyl flooring is on water damaged sub floor in the laundry room. Who knows how far the damage is under the flooring. That has to be fixed by a contractor.

Almost 72 years old and I'm on the floor trying to close up air leaks.

So much for the home inspection when I bought this place. Not impressed.

I took my time, straightened out the areas that were bent like the one above.  I caulked every opening, screwed in the areas that were not properly set in.  It took me a week to get them all done.  I have 3 registers I can't get to because when the laminate floor was put in they didn't allow any way to remove under cabinet registers.  I will say the house is so much warmer than before.  


Dec 23, 2023 9:22:22am
I wrote this in 2011 after the death of my first husband.

**It occurred to me that people who have lost their spouses go through some pretty crazy changes. Everyone says keep busy... doing what?
Spend time with family...sure that is going to happen
Take a trip, right...then everyone wonders what's wrong with you that you can't spend the holidays at home when there is no one there to spend it with.
Take time to go through things...that only delays the agony. Buy a dog, did that.
Get a cat, did that too.
Start a project...yep and its waiting to be finished.
Get grief counseling...sure thing...I will get right on that.

It isn't the grief, its not having someone to share things with, that every day is the same as the day before. You lost not only your spouse but part of you.

Everyone goes on with their lives and they don't realize that you are on hold, in limbo, your life has become a blank page in the photo album. Yep that is it...
Dec 23, 2023 9:11:46am
A gift for my neighbors. They are collectors of antiques, vintage and even jewelry. I gave it to them last night and they loved it. I received a text after I went to bed that was so heartwarming to me... I saw it when I got up this morning. They hung it on the wall in their bedroom. The note said it was one of the most beautiful gifts ever received. Several pieces on it were specifically chosen for them.
They hung it on the wall in their bedroom. The note said it was one of the most beautiful gifts ever received.
Several pieces on it were specifically chosen for them.

Dec 20, 2023 4:47:05am
This isn't about making a business for myself. I am doing all I can to survive widowhood.

I'm not ever going to ask you to join anything or to expect money for sharing my thoughts or my artwork.

Not everyone I know feels comfortable talking in groups but will if they know me or someone they feel safe with.

This blog is not about healing you, it's about me. I can offer advice from my experience, but, you don't have to take it. I am not a therapist so please seek help with a professional if you need it.

Art therapy is helping me because I am able to put forth the effort to start somewhere. It speaks to me.

If it isn't your "cuppa tea", then I am only showing you that it is helping me and you can find your way doing something every day that you love. xoxo

Dec 18, 2023 2:41:19pm
This morning I decided to go through my junk jewelry collection 🙃

It is a lot to go through but I am determined to get it put away in a more organized manner. When people give you a bag of jewelry it is tangled and messy. Not complaining at all. I also bought a lot at garage sales and thrift stores.

As I clear the way to begin creating again on a daily basis, I also need to declutter the things I won't use.



Here's a video of me going through a shoebox of assorted stuff. All I ask is for you to like the video so I know you were there.
https://youtu.be/-BVKnWLG0VI


We can grieve together and heal together at the same time.

Moving forward one step at a time
Dec 16, 2023 11:31:05am
I am definitely feeling more creative.

So far I have created 3 different Junk Jewelry collage pieces.




I know it isn't everyone's taste, but it keeps your mind busy, you plan where things go, you give yourself the freedom to explore new ways to use something that would end up in the trash because it's broken.

Art therapy is something anyone can do even if you think you aren't creative. It's play and no one has to see it unless you want them to.
Dec 15, 2023 12:54:10pm

The sun is shining! I have been up since 4:30 am.
It is a day closer to Christmas.

All I want for Christmas is love and understanding.
Dec 12, 2023 8:09:43am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Peeling away the pieces that keep you from living

Grief has a way of just keeping your thoughts and desires from being recognized by anyone you know, unless you tell them of your feelings.  ...